Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Romantic Comedies

So here is the question. What is the best Romantic Comedy of All time? I know this may not be considered an essential discussion in terms of radical politics but I think this question needs to be answered. In my mind there really is only one answer:

When Harry met Sally

But several people have attempted to refute this claim. None of these individuals can make as passionate claim as I can. But nonetheless I will allow some time for discourse on this subject before we crown When Harry Met Sally.

And for the record my argument is simple: When Harry Met Sally will destroy all other romantic comedies in any form of battle known to human kind. Period.

So here I some of the other contenders our there:

Boomerang (one of my favorites)
Barefoot in the Park
Say Anything
High Fidelity (John Cusack is the real deal)
Four Weddings and a Funeral (I haven't seen it yet but just acquired it, legally of course)

And that's about all I've got. Feel free to give your suggestions.

Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan rule the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment