Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The challenge...

So last night I saw Julie and Julia. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. Meryl Streep is ridiculously good as Julia Child. If you've never heard about the movie it's about Julie Powell and her journey through Julia Childs masterpiece, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Basically Julie Powell is feeling lost and decides to cook every recipe in the book in one year and blog about it everyday. That's right 365 days and 500 some recipes. This was the defining moment of Julie's career and now she is a professional writer and has a movie made about her.

So it reminded me about what a slacker blogger I am. I write a blog and than say I'm going to write another one and than I slack off until I feel embarrassed that I've slacked and finally I overcome the embarrassment and I write another entry. And this happens every month. So now, thanks to Julie Powell, I'm committing to writing 30 commentaries in 30 days. That's right I said it. I'm not talking about poem's of the week or best of romantic comedies. I'm talking political commentaries that are filled with meaty subjects or at least tofu and tempeh. So here I go. Hold me accountable people.

And ohh yeah to make the challenge even more interesting. I will be on tour beginning October 16th. It is extremely difficult for those of us without an IPhone to blog when you are spending 8 hours or more in a car followed by an evening performance. But I'm out of control what can I say....

I know Julie, you blogged for a year straight with barely an interruption and cooked like 500 recipe's to boot, but quit raining on my parade. Anyway I'm shooting for realistic attainable goals.

Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment