Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Challenge Concludes

Well, well, well! Here we are commentary number 30 in day 30 and I even got it in Eastern Standard Time. I made it! With your help of course and seven commentaries in one day. I've learned a ton. First and foremost, I learned that I can challenge myself and stick to something. I oftentimes consider myself too busy to follow through on anything. My time is occupied with work, my little boys, my band, and my wonderful relationship. I regularly feel like a jack of all trades and master of none. But I've been told that I'm not that far from being a Renaissance Man (thanks LJ). Don't get me started about the problematic realities of celebrating the "Renaissance". For today I will except anything that has a positive connotation. Bell Hooks tells us that we need to nurture our own "spiritual growth". Sometimes I'm not that good at taking care of myself. And if I can't take care of myself than I'm no good to anyone else. But today I've accomplished a small goal. And I'm happy about it. I haven't stopped racism, sexism or homophobia. I have explored gentrification, love and white privilige. I've also had the opportunity to take a humorous look at several events like Balloon Boy, Kanye and Taylor, and "Hot Springs". And so I'm here with each of you. My hits have almost tripled during this challenge. Thanks for taking time to hear what I have to say. It means a lot. Seriously.

As far as the future, I will continue to write blogs. I'm going to take a couple of days off but I will be back! And who knows maybe I'll have a new challenge down the road.

Finally, thanks to Julie Powell. She taught me that deadlines can be a good thing. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment